april showers mobile diy
april showers bring may flowers,
especially in portland... haha!
i made this little mobile for the wall above my little man's crib
with some colors a little cheerier than the grey skies outside most days.
the best part is, it only took a nap and a half to make!
if you want to make one for yourself this weekend - here's how!
for supplies you'll need -
- white cardstock
- some colored cardstock or maybe paint chips
- tape, scissors, thread, ruler, pencil
here's a quick trick for cutting out a bunch of triangles the same size -
- first make a strip two inches wide
- on one side of the strip make a mark every inch
- on the second side of the strip, move the ruler up half an inch, then make a mark every inch
- cut diagonally across the strip, from one mark to the other, and presto!
you have a bunch of tiny triangles!
- sketch out a cloud to fill your whole sheet of cardstock.
don't feel bad if it takes a couple tries to get it just right... haha
- line up all your triangles on a table just how you want them to hang,
front sides down if there is a front side
then lay a piece of thread on top of them and tape it down.
- tape those strings to the cloud, and you're all done!
hang it wherever you might need a little bit of spring time cheer
and a reminder that the rain isn't all that bad ;]
by michael ann